by Bob Stevens
Escorts and strippers, you can be in a very lucrative industry. Unfortunately, your years of marketability are limited because as you advance beyond the ages of 35 to 40 you'll find it more and more difficult to compete with women who are younger. Therefore, during this short window of opportunity it is imperative you maximize you earnings by allowing yourself the best chances to get noticed with a compelling escort ad that will draw attention and incite male customers to call you. Then, depending on your looks, personality, and quality of service, you can build a loyal repeat clientele.
1. Actual or Authenticated Photos. It is always best to use actual photos of yourself. Escort agencies often use stock photos and send girls who sort of look like the girl in the photo. Often this leaves the customer feeling deceived and unhappy and create long term repercussions for your reputation. Authentic Photos will imply you are among honest Independent escorts and therefore you will get a better response.
2. Use Sharp Clear Photos , Since men are visual creatures, photos are the most valuable tool in your advertising tool box. Photos allow perspective clients to see what you look like. Good quality photos are vital to having a successful escort ad. Photos that make you look attractive can really improve your calls! Professional photos are well worth their cost, and will pay for themselves immediately. With professional equipment, lighting and the photographer's knowledge and experience you are sure to get colorful and seductive pictures that show you at your best. Black and White Photos are rarely used nowadays, but when they are, they are good attention getters because not only are they different, they create and capture a more dramatic effect.
3. Use a variety of Attire: Wear a Bikini , Lingerie, Jeans, a Sun Dress, a Cocktail Dress, to show off your body and allow the customers to see you in a variety of settings. If the client has you in mind for an elegant evening on the town allow him to see you have an evening gown that will allow him to feel comfortable knowing you have a wardrobe appropriate for the occasion or atmosphere he wants you to accompany him.
4. Alternative Lifestyle Services. Use Attire Appropriate to Titillate your Customer's Preferences. If you do role play or age play, show pictures of you in a cheerleader outfit or as a catholic school girl in a plaid skirt and white blouse. For BDSM, wear black or leather outfits with you holding a paddle, whips, or floggers. For Fantasy Fetish, wear seductive fishnet stockings, a corset, pointy and spiked leather shoes, or your bare feet. Make sure your customer sees you can adequately meet their kinky interests.
5. Have compelling Text. In your ad description, use words that capture the imagination of the viewer. Make it attractive and instigate them into calling you. Use BDSM and fetish buzz words, like top, bottom, submissive, daddy's girl, naughty, GFE (Girl Friend Experience), Greek (anal), etc. so that your ads can be found by website filters and search engine spiders.
6. Use Good Grammar, Punctuation, and Spelling. Don't come across as an uneducated and unsophisticated woman. You may miss out on the high dollar upscale clientele who won't appreciate inarticulate companions. With creative and thoughtful writing your erotic services ad becomes more effective and can highlight certain areas of interest. Using Punctuation and Capital letters, or a combination of the two for maximum effect.
7. Focus On The Client. Escorting is not about you. No matter how good looking you are, you still need to focus on what you can do for your clients. Let them know you care about what matters to them and you want to meet their needs for comfort, relaxation, stress reduction, or escape for sexy fun and excitement.
8. Compelling Tagline. A compelling tagline is a quick snappy creative expression that describes your most important attribute. It is what entices viewers to visit your ad and learn more about you.
Play Sex Kitten
XXX Staring YOU and ME
DD's Stand for "Duh Damn!"
9. Become Diverse. If you provide only one type of escort services, for example, Dinner Dates, Erotic Massage, Dominance, or Fetish, you limit yourself to the amount of total work you can be called for. If you can do regular escorting, along with massage, fetish, or BDSM, your potential customer base is greatly larger, and that means more calls, and more money.
10. Reinvent Yourself Often. To always generate and maintain interest from perspective customers, change your photos and text periodically on whatever escort directory you advetrtise on. As you learn and grow as an adult erotic entertainer share your new skills and preferences enthusiastically. You may get back some old customers and gain some new ones as they now see you in a new light.
11. Audio and Video. Some escort websites offer audio introductions so perspective clients can hear your voice and get a better idea of your personality. Some offer video which does the same thing but shows you moving a bit as well. Take advantage of these technologies. The more the customer can learn about you the more apt they are to call.
12. Be Visible! If you were thinking about putting up an advertising billboard on the side of the road, would you choose a country highway where only a few cars pass by everyday, or would you choose a busy interstate freeway where hundreds of thousands of commuters would see it daily on their way to and from work? Granted the traffic on the freeway would cost more but the return on the investment would be proportional to the cost, and you'd make so much more money. So the point here is to make sure you place your ad on a website where it can be easily seen, and on website directories that have high visibility on the search engines.
13. Have Your Own Escort Website. As most escort advertising directories allow a few pictures and some text, and they may limit how risqué the pictures and text get. With your own website, you can have as many pictures as you wish, and go into detail about your adult erotic services, and donation rates, which a directory may not allow. Make sure your advertising directory puts a link on your ad to your website.
14. Upscale versus Streetwalker. Your escort career will be safer and more lucrative, and you won't need to work so often if your ad caters to, and is appealing, to financially successful upscale clients. Price yourself accordingly. If you demand good money for your time and service, you will avoid the riffraff of low end bargain basement hunters. If you carry yourself with a street walker mentality offering anything and everything for very little, you can put yourself at risk. Many female escorts like the idea of having clients who shower them with gifts and other goodies in additional to their fees. Having a sugar daddy is a definite perk to being a quality escort.
15. Protecting Your Identity. We understand it sometimes is best to protect your identity and maintain some anonymity in your pictures. There are a few ways you can do it. You can have your head turned away from the camera, have your hair or a hat partially covering your face. You can blur your face, or block your eyes.
16. Phone #'s and Emails. Have anonymous emails and prepaid cell phone numbers that aren't openly traceable. Use the Free Yahoo or Hotmail type email services. Use prepaid cell phones where there are no bills in your name.
17. Be a Lady. Quite often we've heard that adult entertainers become spoiled bratty, demanding, and obnoxious. With review sites like The Erotic Review, and Big Doggie, your career and earning potential can be greatly affected if you generate bad reviews from dissatisfied customers. Remember you are performing a service to your customers. No matter how badly they may behave, if you conduct yourself with class and dignity the rewards to you will be plentiful in money as well as in protecting your reputation.
18. Don't Be a Rip Off! Sometimes a provider will take the money and run. What you gain in the short run will be overwhelming lost in the long run once word about you spreads on the review sites. This will also cost you other opportunities.
19. Let Others Do Your Talking. Have your well respected clients write reviews for you, so that you gain a good reputation for quality, integrity, and credibility. This will do more good for you than anything else to promote you. Once reviews have been posted about you on the TER or Big Doggie, put a link from your ad to your review for your customers convenience. Lastly, you don't want your reviews to be "Too Good" because that tips off law enforcement that you go the extra mile, and that is something that would attract the wrong kind of attention for you.
The recommendations above are a sample of what you can do to promote yourself successfully as a stripper or escort. We hope they help and we wish you a happy, healthy, and lucrative escorting career.
Bob Stevens is the Head Exotics Talent Scout